Sunday, September 16, 2007

Rest In Peace Robert Jordan

I know that this is a comic blog about a comic book that Jason and I have been making, but today one of my real life heroes passed away. I have always been interested in being creative, but never really knew which direction to channel my creativity to. I started reading the Wheel of Time series when I was 14 years old. Before that I had hardly touched a fantasy novel, and because of my “troubled youth” reading wasn’t high on my priority list. But his series pulled me in, and I can really say was something that kept me from falling all the way into the abyss. He made that much of an impact on me and I never met him. His writing style was exciting, and dynamic; something I do my best to emulate within my own writings. In our series we use a number of characters to tell a story, something I really got from Robert Jordan’s writing style. I wish I could have told him in my own words how much his writing meant to me and millions of other people. Today I felt like I lost a childhood friend and mentor.

I would like to extend my condolences to his family and close friends.

Thank you for everything

Rest in peace

-Kevin M. Jones

No comments: